One of the most useful (and under-utilized) Web site features is the User Statistics Application.
Essentially, this tool allows you to monitor the activity that takes place on your Web site. This information can be invaluable to your Internet Marketing strategy.
Site Statistics show you:
1. How many people have visited your site.
2. Which search engine they used to find you.
3. What key words they entered in the search engine.
4. What pages they looked at while on your site.
Not only does this information help you understand how customers use your site, it also provides you with a tool to evaluate how effective your Internet marketing campaigns have been.
For example, how much of your traffic comes from Google? Should you spend more money with Yahoo! to get a better ranking? Are you getting any hits from Alta Vista? Should you stop marketing your site with them? With User Statistics, you can answer these questions and decide how/where to allocate your Internet marketing funds.
To use this feature, log on to the Site Administration page and then click on the Statistics section. From the User Statistics page you can select the query you would like to run. You are able to see:
1. All the pages on your site and how many hits each page received.
2. A listing of the most recent visitors to your site and how they found you.
3. The number of hits your site has received on any given day, week, or four-week period.
You can pull any one of these reports individually, or you can request a detailed report that will contain all of the information listed above.
Traffic statistics are not the only way to measure the performance of your Web site. However, it does provide you with a general idea of how customers are reaching your site and what they do while they’re on your site. With this information, you can make changes to your site to better meet your customers' needs. If you have any additional questions, please refer to the online Quick Start Guide, or contact Customer Care.