Top 10 Questions to ask your Web Host before you buy:
1. How strong is their technical support division? What do they provide? When are they available? Does tech support cost extra?
2. How secure is the site? What type of protection do they offer? How can they insure that unauthorized users will not compromise the integrity of your Web site?
3. How much storage do they offer? A typical Web site uses between 20-30 MB. Do they offer enough extra megabytes to for your business to grow into? 100MB is a good starting point.
4. Will they register your Domain name? How long will it take? Is there any extra cost to you?
5. Do they have a builder that you can manage easily? What type of computer background do you need to design your site? Do you have internal control over content and updates?
6. How many email aliases comes with your package? Will they have your domain name in them for a more professional appearance? What is the cost to add extra emails? Are there any additional costs?
7. Are search engine submissions included in your package? How does it work? Do you have internal control over content and updates?
8. What are the costs involved? What are the initial setup fees and what do you get exactly? What are the monthly maintenance fees are what do they cover? Are there any additional charges? If so, what are they and why?
9. Am I locked into a contract? May I cancel at anytime? Are there any penalty fees for switching or closing my account? What happens to my content?
10. What makes them better than their competition? Do they offer extra features, storage space, better technical support or better pricing? What exactly sets them apart?